Vision, Mission, and Goals Statement
Adopted by the UIATF Board of Directors, October 19, 2013
To be a social service provider, community center, and cultural home for urban Indians.
Provide educational, cultural and social services that reconnect indigenous people in the Puget Sound region to their heritage by strengthening their sense of belonging and significance as Native people.
Please click here to read our United Indians Strategic Plan approved by the Board of Directors on October 19, 2013
UNITED INDIANS STRATEGIC PLAN
STRATEGIC PROGRAMATIC PRIORITIES
While United Indians will continue to provide and maintain its programs in its primary service areas, Educational, Cultural, Social and Socio-economic, it has identified the following strategic priorities for expanding its services and strengthening its infrastructure in order to best meet our community’s current and emerging needs:
- Promote UIATF as a community – based organization and cultural center for the urban Indian population
- Ensure that Elders are able to access cultural and social support services
- Strengthen support services for Native Youth
- Expand Family Services Programming
- Increase Department of Corrections Cultural Programming
- Develop Economic Opportunities for Native population